Novo Nordisk increased operating profit in Danish kroner by 57 percent in the first six months of 2015 to DKK 26.3 billion.
16% local currency operating profit growth adjusted for the NNIT divestment
Sales increased by 25% in Danish kroner and by 9% in local currencies to DKK 52.3 billion.
- Sales of Victoza® increased by 41% (22% in local currencies).
- Sales of Levemir® increased by 28% (10% in local currencies).
- Sales in North America increased by 35% (10% in local currencies).
- Sales in International Operations increased by 26% (17% in local currencies).
- Sales in Region China increased by 25% (3% in local currencies).
Gross margin improved by 2.2 percentage points in Danish kroner to 85.2% driven by a positive currency impact and product mix.
Operating profit increased by 57% in Danish kroner and by 30% in local currencies to DKK 26.3 billion. Adjusted for the DKK 2.4 billion non-recurring income related to the partial divestment of NNIT, operating profit in local currencies increased by 16%.
Net profit increased by 35% to DKK 18.2 billion. Diluted earnings per share increased by 38% to DKK 7.02. Adjusted for the partial divestment of NNIT, net profit and diluted earnings per share increased by 20% and 22% respectively.
Source: Novo Nordisk