Faron leading the way in breakthrough immunotherapies.
We are a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company in Turku, Finland focused on building the future of immunotherapy by harnessing the power of the immune system to tackle cancer and inflammation. Since 2007 our goal has been to develop a diverse and unique pipeline rooted in high quality science and innovation. Faron works today with tomorrow’s breakthroughs.
We are looking for a proactive and dedicated person to join Faron as CMC SPECIALIST
The CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls) Specialist will focus on process development and GMP manufacturing activities. The person we are looking for will have deep knowledge of and/or experience in developing mammalian cell culturing or deep knowledge/experience in various purification techniques based on chromatography for biological/biotechnological products. The goal of Faron CMC is to work consistently and with precision to advance our development programs and we hope to find a likeminded professional join our team.
· Coordinating and designing experiments aiming to develop upstream and downstream processes suitable for GMP manufacture at external CDMOs and steering the work to obtain internal project goals
· Identifying process changes and improvements
· Designing process control strategy together with QC specialist
· Review of master and executed production records for technical and GMP compliance
· Support regulatory submission files as required
Desirable Background and Expertise
· PhD/MSc/BSc in Life Sciences, preferably in biotechnology, cell biology, bioengineering, or biochemistry
· Mammalian cell culturing
· Bioprocesses and bioreactors
· Purification techniques based on chromatography and their development
· Understanding of protein chemistry
· Designing experiments with sound scientific rationale and troubleshooting
· Experience in CMC/GMP related tasks in drug development or pharmaceutical industry
· Knowledge/experience of biotechnological/biological active pharmaceutical ingredients/products or sterile/injectable products
· Precise documenting skills
Finding the right person with a passionate professional hands-on attitude is important to us. The ability to learn on-the-go and to face new situations and challenges head-on are valued at Faron. We work in a dynamic environment collaborating within our cross-functional team. The person we are looking for
· Excels in project and time management
· Is precise, highly organized and committed
· Capable of reacting quickly to change and works well under pressure
· Is a proactive problem solver and works well independently
· Is eager to learn and develop their expertise and professional skills further
· Has good communication skills and excellent written and verbal English skills
· Has an effective and positive approach to working with external partners
With the right person we are open to discuss the employment arrangement, e.g. location and office/remote work.
Interested and confident you could be the person we are looking for? Please apply and include your cover letter and CV in English (also your salary requirement) by 27th May.
We look forward to hearing from you! For more information about the position contact Jukka Polojärvi at PharmaRelations Oy, phone: +358 40 594 8297 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about Faron at www.faron.com
Read more about CMC Specialist here!