ProtaGene is a world-leading analytic CRO partner for the biopharmaceutical and gene and cell therapy industries. From research through product commercialization, we provide the most advanced, integrated, and Quality system driven analytic capabilities and packages for biologic therapeutics as well as gene and cell therapy platforms. Our deep history of analytical leadership in protein-based therapeutics stems from the merger of Protagen Protein Services in Europe and BioAnalytix in the US.
In 2021 GeneWerk’s unique capabilities in vector safety, integration site analysis, and bioinformatics were integrated into our platforms and service offerings, establishing ProtaGene. The organization operates over four sites in Europe and North America, and works with leading large pharma, biopharmaceutical, and gene therapy companies worldwide.
Candidate Role: Reporting to a Senior Director of Business Development EU, the Director Business Development EU is expected to play a key role in the business development activities for the Company’s CMC platform offerings in the EU.
A high degree of focus on the entire sales process is expected from customer segmentation, lead-generation, initial engagement, program design through close, with success at each stage. Client relationship management will be very important, as will the combination of the ability to succeed in a complex sales/collaborative close environment. And whereas the primary goal is an increase of sales against plan and gaining of market share, this role will be expected to contribute to the building of the business development/sales function including the team and supporting sales processes within the organization as we grow.
The ideal candidate should have a broad network of established relationships and several years of proven success selling into the life sciences market, specifically into leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies developing protein-based therapeutics as well as gene therapeutical advancements. They are expected to work closely with sales and marketing team members and all levels of management as well as with our Germany-based colleagues.
• Grow the Biologics customer base and sales volume in the assigned EU countries & market with main focus on Nordic Countries.
• Develop and fill your pipeline with new client opportunities to close contracts and to meet/exceed plan.
• Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
• Research organizations and individuals to identify new opportunities.
• Develop key relationships with clients.
• Work closely with internal operations, sales and marketing teams, including direct involvement in development of evolving BD systems and processes.
• Develop proposals for clients and achieve short- and long-term sales goals and plans.
• Assess and report progress in meeting objectives.
• Contribute to development of strategies, tactics, sales, territorial plans and targets.
• Identify and report on business opportunities in target markets.
• Represent the business at virtual and in-person conferences, trade shows and networking events.
• Maintain compliance with internal policies.
Skills and Attributes:
• Deep understanding of the process of developing new biological Entities and biosimilars
• Strong communication skills and an understanding of solution selling
• Highly motivated and customer-oriented with a focus on closing business
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
• Ability to cultivate productive client relationships
• Development of 360 degree strategies to deliver client access.
• Successful win-win negotiation
• Prospecting Skills
• Sales planning & key account management
• Willingness to travel in the territory (and internationally) as necessary to meet objectives and in support of team members.
• Full Driving license preferred.
• Degree in Life Sciences.
• More than 5 years of experience selling CRO services with proven sales success in advanced Biologic Markets.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, MS-Teams and PowerPoint.
• Fluent in English and in country language
• Familiarity with a CRM- system
• A motivating work environment in a dynamically growing life science company
• Optimal training
• Flexible working hours
• Strong teamwork
• Appreciation, openness, and respect as well as a lively feedback culture
• Competitive compensation
How to apply:
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application documents in English or in German, including a letter of motivation, information on the possible starting date and your salary expectations in one or two PDF files by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ProtaGene | Europe
Attn. Dr. PETRA WEINGARTEN Senior Director Human Resources Europe
T: +49 231 9742 6100