Published on April 10th, 2015 | by NLS0
Medical Science Liaison – Immunology, Sweden/Norway
Baxter BioScience (renamed to Baxalta from July 2015) has a broad pipeline built on a legacy of innovation in bleeding disorders and immunology and is expanding to address emerging opportunities in niche areas of oncology as well as technology platforms such as biosimilars. Baxter has recently announced the spin-off of their biopharmaceutical business, Bioscience, and the creation of a new company, Baxalta, that will focus on developing and marketing innovative biopharmaceuticals. With the launch of the company expected in July 2015, and further to the recent nomination of their senior executive team, Baxalta will debut as a new, world-class biopharmaceutical company. As they prepare to establish their BioScience business as a separate, publicly traded company, Baxter Bioscience are seeking to attract, engage and develop the brightest talent with a shared vision of impacting patient lives. The company is located at Kista, just outside of Stockholm and have about 65 motivated employees in the Nordic region.
Due to a strong Immunology portfolio, Baxter wishes to strengthen their medical affairs team and hereby we are seeking a MSL to support their business in Immunology in both Sweden and Norway. The MSL responsibilities are to strategically prepare and support the life-cycle management of existing products as well as development, launch and commercialization of drug products through education of and scientific exchange with Health Care Providers, Medical Experts (MEs) / Key Stakeholders and members of the scientific community.
Main responsibilities of a MSL:
- On request oversee investigator-initiated studies in the region and refer requests for research grant for internal review.
- Provide external comprehensive medical support of Baxter´s products and indications within the region and in line with the organizational objectives.
- Act as a scientific resource for Health Care Providers (HCP’s) in the region and Baxter´s employees, as required.
- Establish and maintain a functional working relationship with Medical, Marketing and Sales representatives working within the region, supporting the setup of scientific and medical meetings in order to respond to inquiries from the medical community, address current scientific issues and present new data pertaining to Baxter´s products.
- Ensure appropriate response to unsolicited scientific questions or requests posed by HCP’s for approved Products/Brands (in and off label ), and for products in development by:
- Providing accurate scientific data in compliance with Company Policies, and legal and ethical standards
- Support HCP medical education initiatives in line with the current licensed products and indications and coordinate customer feedback with respect to sponsored medical education events or needs.
- Identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with high quality KOL’s.
- Identify new opportunities, implement and follow up on IITs and other Medical Affairs activities.
- Participate in medical oriented projects, local, regional and Nordic as required.
- In conjunction with the Medical Manager, contact influential centers and investigators to initiate and/or participate in clinical registries/trials and identifies key areas of future research.
- Participate at regional, national and international congresses/symposia.
Experience / Skills:
- Medical or scientific degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Preferable experience from work in health care sector.
- Demonstrates strong project management.
- Displays strong organizational and time management skills; multi-tasks effectively; serves as a role model for completing tasks and delivering on commitments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation; is science- based and marketing-minded.
- Estimated 30-40 travel days a year.
- Fluent in Swedish and English (written/verbal)
- Good compelling presentation and writing skill, adaptable to audience.
- An outgoing, diplomatic personality, with good interpersonal skills. Able to demonstrate success working within multi-functional teams.
- Demonstrates advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Applies advanced scientific/medical reading and writing skills.
The MSL role is based in Kista, Stockholm, and will report directly to the Nordic Medical Advisor Immunology. Baxter can offer a highly competitive package to the right candidate. Further questions about the MSL role can be addressed to Thomas Lund, Kelly Scientific, +47 40 10 80 70 or email@example.com. Kelly Scientific is a leading recruitment agency in the Life science industry in the Nordics.