Affibody is a clinical stage Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
Affibody is developing a portfolio of innovative drug projects and, in addition, offers the half-life extension technology, Albumod™, for outlicensing.
The company is currently developing four proprietary programs. The first three are therapeutic programs that targets liver diseases, autoimmune diseases, and psoriasis respectively. The fourth program is a diagnostic imaging program that is directed primarily towards metastatic breast cancer.
Affibody has ongoing commercial relationships with several companies such as AbClon, Biotest, Daewoong, Daiichi Sankyo, GE Healthcare, Nordic Nanovector, and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum.
We are looking for you who wants to be part of the development of new pharmaceuticals and who wants help drive science at a successful and expanding pharmaceutical company. You will focus on analytical support associated with characterization, stability, and batch release of protein therapeutics, including transfer of methods to support out-sourced GMP production.
Key responsibility areas
- Responsible for analytical method development and support as well as doing analytical method development and support in connection with development of in-house discovery pipeline and process development, as well as out-sourced GMP production
- Methods of interest – LC/MS, RP-UHPLC, CD, RI-RALS, SDS-PAGE, Endotoxin analysis, Analytical Ion-exchange chromatography (CIEX and AIEX) and SEC
- Also of interest – Different modes of mass spectrometry, analysis, cIEF, light scattering methods for aggregate analysis (e.g. DLS, RALS and MALS) and methods for protein stability determination (e.g. ITC, DSC and DSF)
- Responsibility for all communications with CMO:s regarding transfer and validation of analytical methods and characterization of protein therapeutics
- GMP and GLP protocol / SOP proof reading
- Keep up to date with regulatory requirements within the field of analytical methods
PhD in analytical chemistry/protein chemistry or other advanced degree in relevant life science area
- More than 5 years of industrial experience
- Qualified experience from work with protein therapeutics
- Industrial experience in development/validation of analytical methods
- Extensive hands-on experience in analytical method development, and preferably also in protein purification
You need to have a good understanding of regulatory guidelines for validation of assays and requirements for good laboratory and manufacturing practices (GLP and GMP) and an interest in practical laboratory work as well as reading scientific publications/regulatory guidelines and writing reports. You are a person with high energy who are driven, able to take initiative, results oriented and self-motivated. You need to have good problem-solving skills, an analytical mind set, and strong communication/interaction skills as well as a strong sense of personal accountability working independently as well as in teams. You must also have ability to communicate, document and present results in English.
Application and more information
You are welcome with your application by e-mailing your CV and personal letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We are working continiuous with this recruitment project. Write “Analytical Chemistry” in the subject field. Please call Knut Natt och Dag on +46 722 16 68 00 if you have any questions.
Aktivia Science Work is a recruitment and consulting company within Life Science specialized in positions within the Life Science industry – from early discovery through pharmaceutical development and clinical development to the market place. We are members in SwedenBio and Medicon Valley Alliance. You can read more about us on our website – www.aktivia.se.