PharmaRelations is the Nordic market leader within talent services for the life science industry.
We specialise in partnering with some of the top and most innovative organisations exclusively in the Life Science sector across our region. We add value to our clients and candidates with our consultancy services, outsourcing solutions and recruitment of specialists and leaders.
We are currently partnering with Gilead, a top innovative and multinational research-based biopharmaceutical company, looking to recruit a full time Senior Medical Manager (MM) to join their Oncology Medical Affairs team in Sweden. Gilead Sciences Inc. discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Their heritage of science and innovation and the curiosity and passion of everyone who works here has enabled the company to provide medicines that help transform standards of care for more than 30 years. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include liver diseases, infectious diseases and cancer. Due to continued growth, we are seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional capable of working effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
The Senior MM is field-based and will provide medical activities in Sweden. In this role you will report to the Nordic Medical Lead for Oncology (solid tumors). The ideal candidate for the Senior MM will bring a strong medical/scientific background and must have excellent communication skills. The Senior MM is responsible for liaison with leaders and healthcare professionals in academic and clinical centers for scientific exchange and data generation to ensure our therapies are used appropriately.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
– Exchange complex clinical and scientific information with the oncology community.
– Respond to and document unsolicited requests for scientific information.
– Establish and maintain ongoing scientific collaborative relationships with Therapy Area Experts (TAEs) (including physicians and nurses) in Sweden.
– Conference coverage (national and international) including staffing exhibits, reporting on scientific sessions, and facilitating meetings with TAEs.
– Provide clinical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups.
– Provide support for content development and delivery of Advisory Boards.
– Work closely with other field-based employees as well as Nordic & headquarter based staff to rapidly respond to questions, issues, etc. from sites in the territory.
– Participate in major national and international meetings, congresses and symposia.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
– Advanced medical/scientific degree (MD or equivalent degree, PhD) with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field required.
– Expertise in oncology in general, and solid tumors (especially breast cancer).
– Previous pharmaceutical industry experience preferred but not mandatory.
– Experience working in Sweden, including knowledge of national regulatory requirements.
– Must be committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base.
– Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication.
– Fluency in English and Swedish is essential.
– Proven ability to work across a cross-functional matrix.
– Ability to travel frequently, occasionally with short notice.
Gilead Core Values
– INTEGRITY – Doing What’s Right
– INCLUSION – Encouraging Diversity
– TEAMWORK – Working Together
– EXCELLENCE – Being Your Best
– ACCOUNTABILITY – Taking Personal Responsibility
Here you get the opportunity to join a medium-sized biopharmaceutical company with exciting innovative world-class products, based on new the latest in research in the field. Science is key. At Gilead, employees are given a great deal of responsibility and thus also a great deal of trust, where the expectation of you as an employee is high. Here you get the chance to do a lot more within your profession!
For further information do reach out to Sr Recruitment Manager Kristina Edholm (email@example.com, 070-165 22 52) or apply directly here. Due to GDPR, we cannot receive any CVs via e-mail. Interviews are already taking place, so please get in touch or apply at your earliest convenience.
At PharmaRelations we are committed to being an employer of equal opportunities for all and recruitment practices shall be free from discrimination based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age. Religion, material or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification or expression, or genetic information; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or associated with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Read more about Senior Medical Manager Breast Cancer/Solid Tumors here!