The following is a consulting assignment at AstraZeneca where you will be employed by PharmaRelations.
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to find answers to challenges and improve patients’ lives. We continuously pursue world-class medicines in new ways. We do this with integrity because we are committed to doing the right thing.
As a Senior Research Scientist in the oligo assay development team in Gothenburg, Sweden, you will channel scientific capabilities to make a positive impact in drug discovery projects. You will work within Discovery Sciences, part of AstraZeneca’s BioPharmaceuticals organisation, which focuses on scientific advances across therapeutic areas including respiratory and inflammation (R&I) and cardiovascular and metabolism (CVRM).
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a lab-based scientist to develop state-of-the-art cell-based screening assays. These assays will be used to support discovery of therapeutic oligos in AstraZeneca’s drug discovery pipeline.
To be successful in the role as Senior Research Scientist we believe you are a highly motivated scientist with a passion to make a difference for patients. You have a strong delivery focus as well as problem-solving and communication skills. You enjoy collaboration and team working and have experience of interacting effectively across cultures and disciplines.
• BSc/MSc degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Cell biology, Pharmacology or related discipline and relevant experience, preferably from the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
• Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and cell biology techniques, preferably with many diverse cell lines
• A practical understanding of assay development for high-quality and robust cell-based assays, preferably for compound screening and profiling
• Experience with a wide range of cell assay methods and technologies including qPCR, imaging and reporter assays
• Excellent team work, problem-solving and communication skills
• Ability to independently analyse complex data and deliver data to agreed timelines
• PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell biology, Pharmacology or related discipline
• Experience in assay development with oligos, e.g. ASOs or siRNAs, preferably in a drug discovery setting
• Expertise in a range of cell biology techniques including transfection methods and gene expression knockdown
• Experience in high-content imaging and image analysis
• Expertise in the design, development and validation of cellular assays. For example, experience in design of experiments and statistical analysis of assay performance
• Experience with automation of cell assays, e.g. work with liquid handlers like Echo, BRAVO, CyBi well or Dragonfly
For further information do reach out to Viktoria Lindström on 070-165 22 39 (email@example.com) or apply directly here. Due to GDPR, we cannot receive any CVs via e-mail. Interviews are already taking place, so please get in touch or apply at your earliest convenience.