Biovian is seeking a highly motivated Technology Manager to Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV) development and manufacturing platform.
The Technology Manager will report to the Director of Manufacturing and Development and will be responsible for the development and improvement of production and purification process of AAV vectors in clinical GMP-manufacture and process development, as well as for the oversight of the tech transfer from clients to Biovian. She/he will provide guidance on establishment of the Regulatory Intelligence of ATMP´s. She/he will also provide expertise to the quality risk management with the business stakeholders and the functions within the organisation.
The candidate is expected to have in-depth knowledge in adeno-associated viruses along with direct experience in current manufacturing processes. The candidate must have expertise in gene therapy vectors generally as well as the ATMP guideline.
The Technology Manager will interface with internal/external technical experts and peers to maintain a broad knowledge of the technology and regulatory issues enabling technology options to be identified, evaluated, and compared.
This position will support the team to become subject matter experts on AAV manufacturing and operational technologies that include: Cell propagation, cell culture/single Use technology, adherent and suspension cell culture technology, virus propagation, transfection, infection, filtration, chromatography and final filtration.
As a CDMO, customer liaison is a vital part of our business; the candidate will support business development and project management throughout the customer’s project lifespan from proposal to manufacturing execution.
This position is based in the Biovian facilities in Turku, Finland. The Technology Manager will work with the process development and manufacturing teams of approximately 35 employees and will liaise closely also with project management.
Education, Skills and Requirements
– M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Life Sciences.
– 5+ years of experience in gene therapy vector development, manufacturing or related disciplines.
– Must have know-how and experience in working with Adeno-Associated Virus and be familiar with manufacturing of gene therapy products, use of HEK- adherent and suspension production, different expression approaches (e.g. transient, producer and helper virus), purification of AAV and regulatory requirements.
– Experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
– Experience working in cleanroom environments.
– Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment, in a dynamic project driven organisation, build consensus and drive resolution of issues while maintaining positive working relationships across functions.
– Exercises exceptional time management skills and able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
– Demonstrated leadership ability with proven communication success.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Excellent English (w/s) skills needed and preferably also fluent in Finnish (w/s).
– Good planning skills and willing to interface with and guide colleagues in many different roles and functions throughout the manufacturing facilities.
– Business and Customer driven mindset is an advantage
– Good self-discipline and attention to detail.
If this position sounds exiting, please don’t hesitate to apply!
We are processing candidates continuously.
For more information contact Country Manager/Sr Recruitment Specialist Jukka Polojärvi at PharmaRelations, phone +358 40 594 8297 or email@example.com
Please, send your application and CV in English by October 3rd 2020.
Biovian is a Nordic Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, CDMO that provides premium services to biotech companies developing innovative gene therapies or biopharmaceuticals. The goal of the company is to turn ideas into products by taking client projects from the laboratory bench to the clinic. Biovian offers its clients a One-Stop-Shop GMP CDMO service, with modularity available from gene to finished vial. Biovian is especially focusing on Viral Vector production, microbial production of recombinant proteins and GMP plasmid DNA. Guided by its Nordic ethos Biovian has established a reputation for delivering high-quality work on time and within budget to a global client base. www.biovian.com
Read more about Technology Manager, Adeno-Associated Virus platform here!