The report The Swedish Drug Development Pipeline in 2014 highlights the 98 companies actively developing novel treatments. The projects analyzed are future products for human use that reached clinical development, Phase I-III. Data and information in this report originate from a web-based survey and public information. Key findings in the 2014 report include:
- There are 91 projects in Phase I-III. This is an increase compared to last year when 81 projects were reported in Phase I-III.
- Most projects are in the area of cancer, followed by CNS and gastro-intestinal disorders.
- After some years of a decrease in small molecule projects in the Swedish pipeline, it seems that there is an upward trend.
- Swedish patients are included in two-thirds of the ongoing clinical trials described in this report.
- Most companies, 86 percent, are micro-sized companies with 10 or fewer employees.
The report includes listings of all companies with novel drug projects grouped by development phase and by therapeutic area.
The Swedish Drug Development Pipeline has been published annually since 2006 and is compiled by SwedenBIO, the Swedish Life Science Industry Organization Financial support has been obtained from VINNOVA, the Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems.